Wednesday, November 30, 2011

No Really - How In The Hell Did I End Up Here?

Welcome to what would once have been my worst nightmare. I am 3 things that I was sure I would never be. Single after getting married. Broke after having had so much. And a mom after... well, you know. It all started long ago...

I was a young woman with a plan. I remember it well because I spent a hell of a lot of time getting one together. If I bothered to marry he was going to be a great man. Educated. Handsome. Check. I was going to move far away from my little home town. Check. I was going to be independent. Check. Have a great career. Check. Money. Check. Travel. Check. And never have kids... oh crap. And that is where life started to change.

We all have our stories of WTH, so I won't bother with mine, but suffice to say after many years of living cross country from my home state, it was time to go back. My 2 female urchins finally got old enough to not need quite so much parenting and the prince wasn't feeling the move (or much else). So I loaded up the SUV and headed back to my home state. Right. I said that. I moved cross country with 2 kids and only what fit in the SUV. OK, maybe my planning isn't what it used to be, but obviously that whole "planning" thing wasn't working out so well for me anyway. It's OK- I googled us up a new home town. Right. I moved to a town that I had never visited. But hey- that is how adventures work.

So now the urchins and I are learning a whole new lifestyle. Come on, follow me on my journey. If you are on the same path I will be happy to share what I have learned. Maybe you can help me along. This is all about hitting the ground running.

It is only scary before you jump!
SingleBrokeMom

No comments:

Post a Comment